We’re living in a time where one can’t really go on without owning a car. In fact, with more time, it’s becoming an even more important part of our lifestyle. Some individuals are even opting for owing a ‘mobile’ home rather than owning a house.
No matter what the reason is behind your purchase, it’s of utmost importance to know how to maintain your car to keep it stylish and in shape. We’ve created a fool-proof guide to help you learn about the five most important car maintenance tips for a stylish man.
If you’re interested in knowing about what they are, stay with us!
Car Maintenance Tips for Any Type of Car
We’re going to be briefly talking about the tips and tricks you should be aware of and follow if you want to keep your car in the best shape. Let’s get to it!
- Warning Signs
One of the most important car hacks is to learn about all the different light indicators. By simply keeping track of the different lights, you’ll be able to save yourself a lot of trouble in the future. Let’s take a look at some of the most vital ones:
- Check Engine Light – If your car detects that there is/are issue/s with the engine, it lets you know through the check engine light. This sensor is connected to 4,000 plus OBD-II codes that indicate different issues, so have an OBD-II scanning tool will come in handy.
- Service Engine Light – The job of this indicator light is to notify you before the car is due to its scheduled maintenance. It may flash different things such as “service” or “maint. reqd.” to help you identify the nature of the problem.
- Brake Warning Light – Whether your hand brakes are unavailable or you’re running low on brake fluid, the brake light will turn on to keep you well and informed.
- Oil Warning Light – Driving your car when you are low on oil can really damage your engine. Thus, keep an eye out on the oil warning light to know when to refill the tank.
- ABS Warning Light – It is especially important to keep an eye out for this light. Anti-lock brakes exist to keep your car steady and manageable in cases of emergency stops. If this turns on, take your car to the nearest workshop.
- Coolant Warning Light – Never ever ignore this. This light turning on means the car’s engine is overheating, so you need to pull over and open the hood to let the engine cool down. Don’t try to open the radiator cap at this stage as it could blow up due to high pressure.
- Electrical Fault Light – If you own a hybrid car, this is especially important for you. And if there’s any issue with the electrical charging system, this light will remain turned on until properly dealt with.
2. Wheels and Tires
There’s no point in keeping your car shiny if you don’t have good tires. If you’re interested, click here to read travelstar ecopath at tire guide. Now, to make sure that your tires are in good shape, follow the following steps:
- Check tire pressure at least on a weekly basis, if not daily.
- Check tread depth to know if it can function in all weather/road conditions.
- Clean dust from your brake system to keep it looking new and stop it from hampering the system’s functionality.
3. Body Paint
If you want to make your car look the part, then we’ll recommend always use the right type of detailing supplies. Not only will this help to make the car look shiny, but it’ll also add a protective shield against weather or other elements.
We will also strongly advise you to use car waxes and polishes once every two weeks, if not once a week.
All the lights in your car act as different human body parts, such as the front lights are the second pair of eyes when driving after sunset while the indicator lights are the hands.
As a result, it’s important to keep them in check. Always clean the lights properly with the right medium. In case of any mishap, immediately replace the broken indicator bulb as well as the head/tail lights. However, do keep in mind to always touch the metal bulb and not the glass bulb when you’re working on your headlight.
It is crucial to know which type of fuel your car needs. We’ll recommend you to always try and get a higher grade of fuel if you want to better take care of your car. More importantly, we’ll suggest you always keep extra fuel in hand, especially when going on a long journey.
We hope you found this article to be informative and helpful. Before we part ways, we’d like to remind you to never overlook the fitness of your car.
Whether it’s something minor or big, taking care of your car will definitely help you to ensure your own safety as well as the cars. Besides, a well-maintained car will help you to make the most of your money! Good luck!