All eyes are beautiful and deserve to be under the spotlight. This is where eyelash extensions step in, as a great way to draw attention to your eyes’ innate beauty. After all, what is beautiful deserves to be seen.
Yet, because of the delicate product they are, eyelash extensions need the proper care and attention in order to maintain their beauty properties. This is why it’s so important to know how to maintain your eyelash extensions in good condition and safeguard your investment – and we are here to help you in doing just so.
Aftercare Is Important
Aftercare is vital, not only for keeping your volume lashes extensions looking good for longer, but also to protect your eyes. If you keep your eyelashes clean, it will help you not to get infections.
If you take care of your lashes, you’ll also save money, as you won’t have to replace them as often. When you want them removed, it’s safest to have them done by a professional.
Tips for Lash Care
Lash extensions can last up to eight weeks if you take good care of them. So, how do you keep them in excellent shape?
The following tips can help:
- Don’t get your lashes wet for the first 48 hours after they are applied. Water could damage the glue and make breaking your lashes easier. After this time, you must wash them regularly; otherwise, you might become prone to eye infections.
- Make sure you clean your eyelashes at least every three days by washing them with eyelash cleaner or letting the water from your shower run over your face and eyes. You can brush them with the tips of a soft bristle brush to keep them looking good.
- Be careful what types of products you use near your eyelash extensions. Avoid using oil-based eye creams and makeup removers.
- Lash extensions can make applying makeup a bit more complicated. It would be best to skip mascara, as even waterproof mascara could affect the glue of your extensions and cause them to become tangled. If you insist on wearing mascara, make sure it’s oil-free and water-based, and only apply it to the tips of your lashes.
- Make sure you’re not allergic to any of your makeup products, as rubbing your eyes could damage your extensions, and you could end up losing your real lashes.
- Avoid using powdery eyeshadow, as it tends to get stuck in the glue of your extensions, which could cause eye infections and irritations.
- Never attempt to use eyelash curlers, as they’ll only break your extensions and cause them to fall out.
- Sleeping on your back could also help your eyelashes last longer.
How Often Should You Clean Your Lashes?
You should clean them at least every three days, but you can do so daily. This will prevent natural oils, dust, and grime from degrading your eyelash glue’s bond.
What Could Happen if You Neglect to Clean Your Lashes?
Your natural lashes could be damaged, and your extensions could fall out. This could become a costly disaster. In severe cases, you could even get an eyelash mite infestation.
How Do You Let Your Extensions Dry?
The safest option is to let your lash extensions air dry. If you decide to use a blow dryer, use it in a cold setting, and don’t bring the dryer too close to your face.
Can You Still Wear Makeup When You Have Eyelash Extensions?
Suppose you experience an allergic reaction to the glue used for the lashes, and you have symptoms such as swelling and redness. In that case, you need to remove the extensions immediately and find medical treatment.
Remember that keeping your lashes clean is vital for your eye health and can prevent eye infections and other nasty surprises. You shouldn’t try to remove them yourself, but let a professional handle this process. While you must look after your eyelash extensions at home, you must also see your lash technician regularly for touch-ups and much-needed maintenance.