The Cisco CCNA certification program gives the candidates a broad range of fundamental knowledge and skills for all IT careers. Earning this credential demonstrates that you are capable of accomplishing a range of tasks. Through a combination of self-study, lectures, and hands-on labs, you will learn how to accomplish various tasks, such as installation, configuration, operating, and verification of basic IPv4 networks and IPv6 networks.
Cisco CCNA certification domains
Every certificate offered by Cisco has specific objectives that it intends to achieve. The same is true with Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA). So, what is this credential developed to achieve?
Specifically speaking, the CCNA objectives expect that the candidates should have the capability of performing the following tasks:
- Describing how a network works;
- Using Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol;
- Configuring, troubleshooting, and verifying a switch with Interswitch and VLANs;
- Identifying network security threats and describing general methods for mitigating those threats;
- Implementing and verifying WAN links;
- Implementing, troubleshooting, and verifying ACLs and NAT in a medium-size enterprise branch network office;
- Selecting and explaining the appropriate administrative tasks needed for WLAN;
- Implementing an IP service and IP addressing scheme to meet the requirements of a network in a medium-sized enterprise branch network office.
This is the least of what you should learn, so to fully understand and cover all the subtopics and other details, you need to visit the official website. There you can get download a complete list of topics in a PDF format and base your preparation and the way of learning on this information.
Cisco 200-301 exam details
To get the CCNA credential, you will have to take one exam. The current version of the test is 200-301. It verifies your knowledge and skills related mainly to network access, IP connectivity and services, security and network fundamentals, as well as programmability and automation. The layout of the 200-301 CCNA exam syllabus is highlighted below:
- Network Fundamentals (20%);
- IP Services (10%);
- Automation & Programmability (10%);
- Network Access (20%);
- Security Fundamentals (15%);
- IP Connectivity (25%).
You can study all these topics with the help of official training courses, guides, exam dumps, and practice tests.
Cisco 200-301 is a 2-hour exam with about 100 questions. Basically, this means that each question gives you a little bit more than 1 minute. But just like with other tests, some questions will require more time than others due to varying difficulty levels.
The question types you should expect to encounter in this certification exam are multiple choice, drag and drop, testlets, simulation, fill-in-the-blank, and simlets. Even though the number of questions found in each format may vary from time to time, you can reasonably expect that most of them will generally be in the multiple-choice format. It should be noted that different questions may carry different weight.
Through the CCNA certification program, you gain a foundation in software-defined networking, network programmability, and automation. Nowadays, this knowledge is in high demand because these are some of the IT skills that are applicable and extremely useful in all the industries. Therefore, after getting the badge, you will not fall behind.