25 Things The Princess Bride Taught Us
The Princess Bride came out 25 years ago this month. It taught us to never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line — and a whole lot more.
By ModernMan Editors
Despite its extremely unpromising name, The Princess Bride features funny dialog, compelling action, an engaging story, and Andre the Giant. Plus, it’s one of those rare movies that sort of, kind of qualifies as a rom com without being absolutely terrible (i.e., you can watch it with your girlfriend and you’ll both be happy). The Princess Bride is 25 years old this year, and this is what we learned from it.
1. When it comes to fencing duels, Wesley Snipes knows his stuff: Always bet on black.
2. A chick has to be pretty hot to carry off the name Buttercup.
3. The porn ‘stache has been around a long, long time.
4. A guy who’s devoted his entire life to avenging the horrifying murder of his father will probably have a drinking problem.
5. Respond to a woman’s requests with “As you wish,” and you’ll eventually get in her pants.