Ok, let’s be honest here – there cannot be a poor recipe if Greek yogurt is one of the ingredients. This Mediterranean food is considered to be a pure miracle for centuries and for good reasons. Greek yogurt can:
- Boost your gut health
- Lower your blood pressure
- Reduce hunger
- Keep your appetite in balance
On top of this, regular and balanced use of Greek yogurt can improve bone health, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and even boost your overall metabolism.
Still, to get the most from Greek yogurt you need to know the best Greek yogurt recipes – luckily the Web is packed with great online recipes, and you just need to know where to search.
Here are straightforward tips and tricks that will make cooking with a Greek yogurt gun easy, and health-giving.
Before you start adding Greek yogurt to every dish, there are some things that you should know. These tips will help you make more delicious meals and snacks.
Here is what’s OK to do with Greek yogurt:
- Use Greek yogurt for heavy cream or buttermilk. Use some water to match the density.
- Feel free to put Greek yogurt in your ice cream makes – it will freeze faster and have that creamier taste.
- Use Greek yogurt to marinate
- Once you open it, do not refreeze it.
- If you notice any molds or poor smell, toss it away.
Sure, you can use Greek yogurt to stir it into soup or mix it with pasta, but some major don’ts can turn your Greek-yogurt-love to Greek-yogurt-hate in no time.
Here are the major don’ts that could destroy your love toward Greek yogurt:
- Don’t have your hopes up – Greek yogurt is not like regular yogurt, so do not bake it.
- Don’t overuse it – Greek yogurt is a great substitute for mayonnaise, but not a good addition to your seafood.
- Greek yogurt and vanilla do not go hand in hand.
- Keep Greek yogurt away from your microwave, the acidity has a funny reaction to the metal.
What About Yogurt in Recipes?
Greek yogurt is extremely useful in the kitchen. It has a long shelf life and is a great ingredient to have around, that mixes well with almost anything.
Here are some pro-ideas for serving Greek yogurt:
- Use it as much as you like for marinade, because it goes great with meat, especially if you are making spicy foods;
- Mix it with baking soda for extra tasteful bites;
- Use it as a chips dip.
Last but not least: if you are a passionate home baker, feel free to use Greek yogurt. This delicious food tenderizes baked goods and helps keep them moist.
This is especially true when it comes to bread and recipes that use vegetables, fresh fruits, or even dried fruits – the sky’s the limit when it comes to various Greek yogurt usage. Are you more of a veggie lover? If so, use Greek yogurt for mayo in salads and dressings – you can even use it on bread with a pinch of parsley. Bon appetit!