For those of you who would rather complicate things and use a pick-up line instead of using an old-fashioned “hello” when you meet a woman, we have some good news. Research performed in the UK by Wrigley’s EXTRA gum — which we’re shocked is still around — has found that cheesy pick-up lines can seem endearing to some women. Want to know the top five?
1. Oh, man. This is embarrassing. I forgot my phone number — can I have yours?
2. I think there’s something wrong with my phone. Could you try calling it to see if it rings?
3. Do you believe in love at first sight? … Or should I walk around you three or four more times?
4. Hi, I’m doing a quick survey — what’s your name? What’s your phone number? Are you free next Saturday.
5. Do you know my shirt is made of? Boyfriend material.
While they’re all dumb, can you guess which was the most successful? Hint: it’s number one. And the line that cause the most women to shake their heads? Brace yourself: “Are you on LinkedIn? Because I think we have a connection.”
Obviously, the people at Wrigley believe that your odds will increase if you’re munching on some delicious and breath-freshening gum. Well, they didn’t say that, but there was a mention of freshening your breath as a key to picking up women.
What worked even better — impressing nearly 49 percent of women — was a simple compliment. Other important factors were, unsurprisingly, the connection you make with someone as well as your appearance. In other words, treat people like garbage and dress like garbage and you’ll be in need of one of these Amazon-approved masturbation devices.
Want To Keep Reading? Try This Article: How to Read Her Body Language